HOT and sour soup – Viji’s Food Recipes
25/04/2010 Leave a comment
Chicken Stock – 800ml
Shredded carrots – 60 gm
Capsicums -60 gms
Shredded spring onion – 60 gm
Pepper – to taste
Chilli oil – 10ml
Shredded Chicken (cooked) – 60 gm
Salt – to taste
Soya Sauce – 5ml
Vinegar – 10 ml
Cornflour – 20 gm
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- Add the shredded vegetables and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken. Add salt and soya sauce.
- When the stock is boiling add the corn flour dissolved in water.
- Pour a few drops of chilli oil, vinegar and pepper powder into each soup cup.
- Pour the hot soup over and serve hot, garnished with chopped spring onion leaves.
To prepare chilli oil, add very hot oil to chilli powder let it stand for 10 minutes and strain out the clear chilli oil.